Hello Guest

samurai swing arm tire carrier

• 5 Replies

Offline krink545

samurai swing arm tire carrier
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
Just finished the rear tire carrier and swing arm for the samurai, 30.9.50x15 tire,  roto-pax fuel can and high lift extreme jack

Offline crewcabrob

Re: samurai swing arm tire carrier
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:10:14 PM »
That looks awesome!  Nice job getting all the goodies incorperated into the swing arm design.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline krink545

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:24:10 PM »
Thanks , still have to wire the license plate light in under the fuel can, and the back-up lights which will be over the tire

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:25:05 AM »
Do you like the new gas can design?  I looked at them breifly before I went a head and bought a regular metal Jerry can.  Now I kind of wish I would have jumped on the new style.

Also, what did you use for mounting the hi-lift to your carrier?  Looking at mounting a hi-lift to my roof rack now and everything is crazy expensive.  Did you custom fab something?

Even a shovel and axe mount is expensive.  There has to be an easier cheaper way.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline krink545

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »
The roto pac are a little expense, but they are well worth it, but you need to buy the free flow nozzle separately thou,  I got the 3 gal and there single can mount, I just used some grade 8 bolts and big thick washer and nuts to mount the high lift. Scratched my head for awhile trying to figure out how to make it all fit. I have an old con-ferr ax and shovel mount they I might still add also, I guess they are now called Defenderracks that simple and works great

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 07:24:11 AM »
I was looking at your swing-out... and, great work!!

How did you do the pivot point?? Details would help me in the future for my own build.

Is your pin working out, the one holding it steadfast to the bumper? I'd think if you were to get a bouncin', there'd be a lot of pressure on the pin and possibly make it hard to get out over time. Is it threaded, or just a pin type with small locking ball?

... I only think you need to add a shovel and axe for the cool factor, and that blue moon occasion of needing it. ;)