Hello Guest

Cleaned up my 16V valve cover

• 3 Replies

Offline talonxracer

Cleaned up my 16V valve cover
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »
 I have the valve cover off already to do a Hawk torquer cam install, so I figured why not clean it up a little. It had a nasty thick layer of alumina oxide on the exterior along with oil gunk deposits from a leaky dizzy "O"ring. So after a little carb cleaner to get the gunk off, I screwed the VC down to a wooden stool thru a sheet of EPP foam with drywall screws, I had cut semi circular pieces that were oversized to fit into the cam openings as well as in the PCV port and oil filler neck, this seals it completely. Sandblasted with 60 grit sand and then let it sit in the sun for a bit and sprayed several coats of Dupli-Color ceramic engine paint and let it bake under the mid-day sun, who needs a curing oven, LOL

Sorry I didnt snag a before picture, but you can imagine a northern rust belt truck...LOL...Looks pretty good to me now!

I decided to blast and paint the dip stick tube as well, and also cleaned and polished the "16valve" on the VC. The pitting and corrosion was fairly deep on the exterior, I had to use such heavy grit to feather those areas so that it is a generally rough texture all over.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:50:19 PM by talonxracer »
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Re: Cleaned up my 16V valve cover
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »
Nice! I should do something to spruce up my valve cover. Looks great.

- Andy
GO PREPARED! www.WARN.com
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/WARNfans
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/WarnIndustries

Offline ToyYoda

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
Don't know if your veh. is stock height but if it's lifted at all the stock valve cover is a pain. The oil filler is located way in the back. Poor idea by Suzuki. I found the car that shairs the same 16v, 1600cc engine is a far better cover to use. It has the filler up front where it belongs. If your aim it to look/be custom, start there. "Function dictates Fashion".... then paint.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »
Thanks for the info, exactly what I was wishing for! Gonna go check out the pick and pulls this weekend!!!

Here is the one I just did installed,
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....