Hello Guest

Looking for a defrost switch and power side mirror switch/how to replace them?

• 1 Replies

Offline BC Buster

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Good Morning All,

I have a 1996 4dr Sidekick JLX with the 1.8L motor....love this little truck.

But just wondering if anyone has had to replace the dash switches? Do I need to take the dash out?

And looking for a supplier of the switches as well? Help please?

I'm in Kamloops BC Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Merv

Offline fuzzy1

• It's not about hair, it's about the logic
The switches mount into plastic 'pop-out' panels in the dash, so no, you don't have to remove the dash. Just use a wide flathead or narrow putty knife blade to carefully pry them out. You might need to reach around the back & squeeze the clips, but they should pop out from the front.
Assuming you mean the rear defrost on/off switch just below the mirror switch?
As for sources I'd probably try a pick-a-part first, but then you never know what you'll find.
If you want to go new check megazip for the part number & then do a search.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/suzuki/sidekick-sport-8589/sv418-18300/sv418-my-96-98-sv418-327270

I've used megazip for a few parts & had good luck, but be aware: I have found some parts mixed up between SV418 & SE416. In your case I think the switches will be the same anyway so it won't matter. Just be aware they are international & the Sidekick Sport we got in the US isn't necessarily exactly the same as other market SV418's.
In any case, you can find the part numbers there & search around... maybe eBay would have those switches & for a lot less than OEM prices. Hth.
'97 Sidekick Sport 1" spacer lift 225/75R16 Cooper AT's. Pioneer Sound, 14" Grant Steering Wheel.Otherwise mostly stock
'96 Tracker 1.6l 16v 3spd Auto 4x4 85k - 1 1/2" OME Lift BFG 235/75 AT's on Ion Alloy 15x7's - Pioneer Sound - Custom Installed Hydraulic Drivers Seat (Sold)

Non Illegitimi Conterat