Hello Guest

anti theft plug under dash

• 1 Replies

Offline goneracin

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
anti theft plug under dash
« on: May 21, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
ive looked an can not find anything on this.  I have a small 6 pin plug under the dash that is some kind of anti theft on my 95 tracker.  The starter will not crank without it.  Once its running, i can pull the plug and it stays running, so i know its not the ign feed.  Does anyone have any kind of diagram showing the layout of this plug?  i want to wire around it, as i can see this plug getting misplaced at the worst possible time.  I will hide a toggle somewhere.  I cant seem to get the correct wording to find anyghing on line for it, and i dont want to dismember it to see whats jumping what inside.
  thanks

Online fordem

Re: anti theft plug under dash
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:02:11 AM »
As far as I'm aware Suzuki/Geo never had a "crank disable anti-theft function" - in fact, I don't see any vehicle manufacturer doing that - it's too easy to bypass - I have, on the other hand seen it done by a number of after market security/alarm manufacturers, so I'm guessing it was something a previous owner would have installed.

Ack's FAQ should have a diagram for your vehicle (or one close to it) - find the wire colors for the starter control circuit and see if that matches the wires on your six pin connector.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:04:22 AM by fordem »
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny