Hello Guest

XL-7 Newbie needs advice

• 1 Replies

Offline JesseVoss

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
XL-7 Newbie needs advice
« on: June 08, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »
Hello,

Just afew quick questions regarding our impending purchase of an Xl-7. Ive been trolling around soaking up as much info as i can and have a few questions,
1. So the XL7 has the exact same driveline as the Grand vitara?
2. Does this mean all bullbars, snorkles, lockers etc etc marketed for the GV will also be completely compatible with the XL7.
3. I have heard a 2 inch body lift is a PITA but a 1 inch should be fine sooooooo if i put a inch body lift in and raise the car and extra 40mm with coil and strut spacers ( a total of approx 2 3/4 - 3inches ) will i be able to fit 31's underneath if i do that little bit of internal guard trimming ive read about.
I think thats about it for now, no doubt ill be back on here with all sorts of forgotten questions over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89702
Creative video production quote

Thank you

Offline BRD HNTR

Re: XL-7 Newbie needs advice
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
1.  I do not believe it has the same driveline.  The drivetrain (motor, transmission, transfer case, front and rear axles) are the same, but the driveline is probably longer.
2. Yes, those items should fit.
3. I have also heard that a 2" body lift is much more PITA than a 1" in all Suzuki's.  There is a large variation between individual vehicles of the same model as to what it will take to fit bigger tires, mostly due to spring fatique,  You can get new heavy duty or longer springs (OME has some) that can increase your lift or, you can go with spring spacers that put a spacer between the top of the spring and the body.

I would say it is best drive and enjoy your new vehicle beffore modifying it.  They are pretty capable vehicles, even in stock form.  A little back roading, or off roading, will point out where you need improvements.  When you go to larger tires, you will notice a loss of power.  Depending on years, there is not many variations in gear ratio's that fit the rear differential to allow you to increase the gear ratio and regain some of the lost power (there are more variations for the front, but both need to be the same).

You will find    That every modification begets another modification.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.