Hello Guest

I need help with paint selection?

• 4 Replies

Offline FinntheGaurdian

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
I need help with paint selection?
« on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
I have a 1987 Samurai my dad bought for me my junior year of High School that to this day it has been my daily driver. It is on its second head, its engine has since been resealed, i've installed rocker panels, lockers in the axels, and most importantly a stereo.
I love the crap out of this thing, and now that I am older, i need a better car for future family and blah blah blah, so I am buying a new daily and turning this into a weekend toy.

My dad was always proud of how great of an example the body was, it only had a small dent in the door and no rust on it to be seen (i live in utah, that is kind of a tough find). It is starting to rust under the paint so i want to get in and clean it up and I decided I wanted to put Raptor Liner on it. (which is where I reach the goal of this post)

There are plenty of tint able kits on ebay but browsing through Google images led me to this, this is the exact blue I want and now I need help figuring out exactly what blue it is. The problem is, Raptor does not have many examples as to how their colors turn out and so far the only blue kits I can find from them are "Safety Blue" or "Reflex Blue". If someone could help me that would be great, If I'm gonna put in all the prep work and money to get this done, I want to know exactly what the product I am buying is, and how it should look when I am done. Thank you!

(the Blue is my goal, the Black is my Samurai the day I got it)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:31:20 PM by FinntheGaurdian »

Offline Phase change

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: I need help with paint selection?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:42 AM »
The three colors that come to mind when I see that is Robbins egg, powder puff, and turquoise.  Good luck!  Maybe call the company and ask?
2003 Suzuki tracker 4d 5sp 2.0 “piglet”
Deleted air 4wd system, Manual hubs, 2” lift, 235/75,

Old ride: 1997 X90 “jellybean” best lil car I’ve ever had

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:58 PM »
I am planning on using Raptor Liner on my Zuk.  I have a local paint shop that sells Raptor that is going to be able to mix a custom color match for mine.  You might try that.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline FinntheGaurdian

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 10:10:51 PM »
Good idea, that's probably what I'll do. We should send each picks when we're done. My dad is thinking of doing his beige, should be interesting

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:07:43 AM »
I am going to attempt a “diy 3D camo” job, and want to lay the raptor liner down as a base...I am leaning either desert tan or OD green.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!