1997 4 Door 4x4 Tracker w/ Calmini 3” lift

• 1 Replies

Offline Galavant

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
1997 4 Door 4x4 Tracker w/ Calmini 3” lift
« on: October 11, 2018, 03:10:21 AM »
Hello,
Very, very long time lurker here!

I have a 97 4x4 4 Door Tracker for sale in Jacksonville, FL. I have had this vehicle for 7 years. I bought it as a coming home gift to myself when I got back from Afghanistan. Since then, it was my daily driver for the majority of the time, but transitioned more to a “project” status a few months ago when I moved up the ladder a rung at work. I’m so busy now that working on it has gone to the back burner. Now I am transferring back to Texas and cannot take it with me nor wrench on it anymore. I wanted to try putting it on here before trying other means of selling it. It’s more important to me that it goes to an enthusiast that will appreciate it than just unloading it on Craigslist and it would kill me to see it scrapped or parted out.....

First, the bad.
Here’s what I’m currently working on:

The transmission shift solenoids went out. I was finally able to source the part from a guy in Canada and have them in hand, just a matter of dropping the tranny pan and swapping them out. As result of this, it is currently immobile. It does have a towbar that I will include, so it’s easy to move.

A/C: Needs new compressor

Radiator: Nothing wrong but I have a brand new one + an electric fan conversion I was planning on doing. I will include all that with it.

Interior Door Handles : The driver and passenger door handles need to be replaced. It’s a 2 minute job, I just haven’t gotten to it.

Other than that, it’s doing ok for being a 20 year old off-road toy!

Some of the good:
3” Calmini lift kit
Brand new shocks and struts
15x8 black steel rims including spare
31x10.5R15 10 ply tires
Kensun 5K HID lights ( Ballasts and everything are installed, but I’m Currently back running stock bulbs though)
Viper alarm and keyless entry system (I have it disabled though, it kept going off and might need some trouble shooting)
Nice Pioneer stereo head unit
Cruise Control
New Waterpump, O2 sensors, Spark Plugs and Plug Wires.
Tow Bar

There’s more, I will update as it comes to mind and post pictures as soon as I can go snap some.

I have a clean Texas title in hand, and it passed Texas inspection and smog just before I brought it out here to Jacksonville when the shift solenoids went out.

I never considered I would ever have to sell it, so I don’t know what I want. I suppose recouping the cost of the lift kit would be nice. Like I said, I just want it to go to a good home, so make me an offer.
Unfortunately I cannot deliver it anywhere. It will need to be hauled from the 32246 zip code.
Thanks 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:12:13 PM by Galavant »

Offline Galavant

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: 1997 4 Door 4x4 Tracker w/ Calmini 3” lift
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
Here’s a current picture of it. It’s dirty, but cleans up pretty nice.