Hello Guest

manual conversion

• 3 Replies

Offline gwc656g

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
manual conversion
« on: December 10, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
I have a line on a 1992 fully loaded and clean sidekick but it is also automatic.  I know anything is possible but can it be reasonably converted to a stick?  by fully loaded i mean power everything, ac, cruise control [factory] and virtually no rust.

Online fordem

Re: manual conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
Reasonably converted - what does that mean?

As you've been told elsewhere, it's probably not economically feasible, unless you also have a line on a matching manual transmission vehicle to get the required parts from.

Attempting to track the parts down & acquire them one-by-one from a dealer or junkyard is likely to prove exorbitantly expensive in the first case, and frustrating in the second.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »
I didn't want an automatic, until I had one. It much easier to wheel and good used manuals are getting harder to find.

If you can find a parts vehicle to get everything in one go, it's feasible. I still don't think it's worth the effort though.

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 12:11:16 PM »
I didn't want an automatic, until I had one. It much easier to wheel and good used manuals are getting harder to find.

If you can find a parts vehicle to get everything in one go, it's feasible. I still don't think it's worth the effort though.

I miss having a manual as well. Since owning 2 autos now, there's no looking back.
If you're gonna pull the trigger and do the swap, find a complete donor. I've been doing some easy swaps on my bare bones 96. Power mirrors, tilt column and rear wiper. Hafta keep running to the junkyard everytime I forget a piece I end up needing.