Hello Guest

ZOR remanufactured engine

• 6 Replies

Offline DK Baker

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
ZOR remanufactured engine
« on: January 14, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
Is any body running the Zuks offroad 1.3 reman engine? If so hows the performance? I'm Looking at buyin a new powerplant for my 87.

Offline johnvti

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: ZOR remanufactured engine
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:34:19 AM »
best upgrade is 1.6 8v   or 16.16v if you have a good electician.The 1.3 of a friend runs with 6.5 and 3.9 r/p  , perfect for the crawling but has no momentum on snow and mud

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:11:06 AM »
Agree with JOHNVTI, and this is not meant to be a knock on ZOR, because in general a super-dooper hopped up 1.3 with all the bells and whistles puts out about as much power as a stock 1.6. I'd suggest going for the 1.6 even in a used donor car form, get that in place, and then hop it up if you still need more.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline DK Baker

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:59:16 AM »
Wasn’t really looking to do a 1.6 swap.  Was wanting to do it all in one weekend. Remove and replace.  I’m wondering who builds the best engines for my $$$$.  Most seem to be close to the same cost but reliability means a lot. 

Offline LeeMcMullan

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
    • best over the counter appitite suppressant
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »
best upgrade is 1.6 8v   or 16.16v if you have a good electician.The 1.3 of a friend runs with 6.5 and 3.9 r/p  , perfect for the crawling but has no momentum on snow and mud

Additional voltage increases engine performance and decreases misfires.

Offline NicholasWillis

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
    • Phenq where to buy
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »

Right I have upgraded to 16.16v and it runs really smooth.It is the best so far :)

Offline RobertWhite

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
Wasn’t really looking to do a 1.6 swap.  Was wanting to do it all in one weekend. Remove and replace.  I’m wondering who builds the best engines for my $$$$.  Most seem to be close to the same cost but reliability means a lot.
By the way, I am also looking for a swap. I am doing this swap for the next Friday and I will get a better quality engine from the previous one. I will tell to you also when I will swap it.