Hello Guest

87 Samurai Gas Leaks

• 4 Replies

Offline megaton

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
87 Samurai Gas Leaks
« on: February 24, 2019, 03:44:23 PM »
My sammy has always been hard to start (choke not working) and I lifted the hood today after it would fire but not really start and run and I smelled gas. Sure enough, the carb was flooded and leaking gas but there was also gas leaking from a canister that the fuel goes into before going to the fuel pump. 
How can I fix this problem? Any ideas?

Offline Zuk-E

• Who Needs more than 63 HP
    • Twisted Intentions
Re: 87 Samurai Gas Leaks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 05:15:50 AM »
gas leaking from a canister that the fuel goes into before going to the fuel pump. 
I'm not sure what you mean here with a canister before the fuel pump. There is a diaphragm inside the fuel mechanical pump that can leak when old and fuel will leak out of a little down spout. This is a sign you need to replace your pump.
It's all about the journey, not the destination

Offline megaton

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 05:29:30 PM »
Here are 3 photos. The 1st is the "canister" I referred to. After further checking, gas comes out the bottom and there appears to be a hose missing, which I presume is supposed to go back to the gas tank.
The 2nd and 3rd photos show where gas is coming out of the carburetor. Sometimes this sammy starts right up but lately it is flooding WAY to often. Once it starts, it is good to go for the day. Any suggestions as to how I can fix these problems are welcome.

Offline megaton

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »
Photo 2

Offline megaton

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »
Photo3