Hello Guest

Specific kingpin for top and bottom on steering knuckle?

• 2 Replies

Offline junglesun

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Specific kingpin for top and bottom on steering knuckle?
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »
Are the Samurai kingpins top and bottom specific and also orientation specific (facing forward or back)? Just wondering if kingpins get mixed up if you have to figure out which one goes where even if installing new kingpin bearings.

Online fordem

Re: Specific kingpin for top and bottom on steering knuckle?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:44:37 PM »
Looking at the parts catalog, all four are the same, so any one goes anywhere, can't comment on the orientation, but put two side by side and it shouldn't be hard to figure out.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline junglesun

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Specific kingpin for top and bottom on steering knuckle?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »
Looking at the parts catalog, all four are the same, so any one goes anywhere, can't comment on the orientation, but put two side by side and it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Thanks. I think it would be pretty hard for the bearing to work properly if the pin were not at a right angle from the kingpin plate. I'm having some steering issues. I replaced so steering knuckle wiper seal. The old seals had disintegrated. I think the issue is from the new wiper seals being tight.  it's like driving with really high  king pin bearing preload.  hopefully the seals wear in and the issue goes away.