Hello Guest

Looking for 1987 Owners Manual

• 3 Replies

Offline motofabio

• 87 Samurai JX TinTop
Looking for 1987 Owners Manual
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
Hello folks. I am looking for an original owners manual for my 87 Tin Top. I have the FSM, Haynes, etc., but I want the booklet that came in the glovebox from the dealership. Someone must have it!

If you are willing to part with it, I will buy it. If you are not willing to part with it, but would entrust me with it for a short period of time, I will pay to ship it to me and back. I will do some high quality scans to reproduce it, and will make the PDF available for free. I will also get them printed and bound for anyone who wants to cover that cost.

Someone... help out literally everyone! These booklets are hard to find and are being sold at stupid prices. I want to make the reprints available to everyone for a reasonable cost.

I’d like to start with the 1987 North American version for myself, but I’ll do it for any others.

Contact me!

Thanks!

Offline motofabio

• 87 Samurai JX TinTop
Re: Looking for 1987 Owners Manual
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 09:39:48 AM »
Come on fellas. SOMEONE has this. The internet is full of PDF scam links and eBay has a few being sold for anywhere between $65 USD and $315 USD. If I get my hands on one I will make them available to us for next to nothing. And if I end up having to buy it for $65 or more, I will make it my life mission to flood the internet with the free PDF and to wreck every eBay auction.

Help us all out here!

Offline drober05

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:10:49 AM »
Motofabio did you ever find a user's manual?  I was looking around for a 1986 manual and found the same you did -- nothing except overpriced ones on ebay.  It's not worth $100+!  Funny you can get a factory service manual copy for $30 but no glovebox manual.

Offline motofabio

• 87 Samurai JX TinTop
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »
Motofabio did you ever find a user's manual?  I was looking around for a 1986 manual and found the same you did -- nothing except overpriced ones on ebay.  It's not worth $100+!  Funny you can get a factory service manual copy for $30 but no glovebox manual.

No luck. Pretty unbelievable that no one here has one.

Anyway, I’ve sold my beloved Samurai. It was my third and I had it for six years. A tin top that ran perfectly. Nearly all stock. It’s a car I’ll miss forever, but I can’t keep everything. Refocusing on my 2020 Jeep Gladiator. So long, good folks!