Hello Guest

1.6 & automatic transmission swap to samurai?

• 20 Replies

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
Re: 1.6 & automatic transmission swap to samur
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 03:27:47 AM »
so what are you sayin jus alter the harness? instead of rewiring (install tracker harness) or what?trans 4wd and i havent thought about the rear end why what are you thinkin sami/trkr?and i think its like 500$ for the (OTT) dont quote me!
"Sooo What shop built your rig?"hahahahhahahah    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607888/1

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 06:41:41 AM »
I would send the harness to trail tough they are on special for around 200.00 they used to be 500.00, the only other on the web that I know that does them is about 250.00, the whole kit is like 329.00 with the adapter plate and it is only like a six or seven wire hook up and fifty buck's for the speedo sensor and 79.00 for the fuel pump. if you run the kick trans and x-fer case the rear output will be in the middle of your samurai when your rear end is off set, so you would have to put in a toyota mini truck rear end or a tracker rear end. if you go the ott route that would still use your samurai x-fer case so it would be cheaper than changing every thing out and you do not need the adapter plate or smaller samurai clutch and flywheel and not have to buy the samurai x-fer case gears and have more gear ratio options and better for going to lower ring and pinion gears and still drive it on the street at highway speeds. does that help?
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 08:03:59 AM »
A LIL THANX IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE LET ME KNOW?
"Sooo What shop built your rig?"hahahahhahahah    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/607888/1

Offline zooky

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 08:33:58 AM »
the OTT Kicker 3 is $750 (you provide the cores), thats about half the cost of the other reduction units and about the same price (?) as the GRS II gears alone. I am still installing it so I dont know how it will be. Its  really a well built unit, they do some quality work. I drove my buddies tracker with a simular set-up (but divorced), he installed a sami case behind his tracker case. The way it crawls and climbs with the automatic is amazing, I can tell you that you will not regret spending the money for it. Mrfuelish made a good point I didnt consider, you will save some money on the install kit by using a tracker transmission.

I havent forgotten about the pictures, still working on it. How do you post them anyways?

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 05:03:22 PM »
i think the OTT kicker3 might justbe the one kind of spendy but in sum other ways it isnt ya know but yeah get on them pics.........Thanx ;D

Offline Zuki One

• ZUKI - PICS
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 06:38:09 AM »
Now! Zooky how do you go about installing sami case behind the tracker case? and can u get sum pics maybe or sum instruction?on how this process is done thanx...or really from anyone ?