Hello Guest

ZookiMelt 2005 (FAQ Added 6-1-05)

• 24 Replies

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
ZookiMelt 2005 (FAQ Added 6-1-05)
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:03:46 AM »
Thread will be updated as plans are finalized.

Zig

**Copied form iZook.com mail page**

Welcome Suzuki Enthusiasts!

The wheels are turning as we ramp up for ZookiMelt 2005. We already have some of your favorite aftermarket folks committed to sending some great raffle prizes. So far we can expect components from (in alphabetical order) Designs of Steel, Petroworks, Rocky Road Outfitters, Shrockworks, Sky Manufacturing, Spidertrax, Trail Tough Products, and the list continues to grow. We also have a few of the companies planning to send Reps to the 'Melt, so you can talk to them personally.

There are a few changes this year due to our changing economy (like gas at $2.29 as of this issue...) and participant feedback. Many of our readers noticed the first change when we started publishing an upcoming events list here in the table of contents. The 2005 ZookiMelt will officially start Thursday, July 7th and continue on through Saturday, July 9th. Next, we have moved the main ZM HQ from Steam Corners to AFC, the campground right outside the gates to the Badlands. AFC has more than enough room for us, including 70 RV slots, Tow Rig/Trailer parking and a new shower house that will be ready before we get there. Steam Corners will still be open, but this may be more convenient for most.

See you on the trail,

Bill Johnston
Editor in Chief
www.iZook.com

For the most recent updates and plans for the Melt go to :
http://www.izook.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=4d47674d6942e3bbf8ba6770a2c34021

http://izook.com/zookimelt
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 04:03:54 AM by Zukipilot »
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
Re: ZookiMelt 2005
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:54:05 AM »
AFC? Isnt there a no alchohol rule there?

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 04:42:10 AM »
AFC? Isnt there a no alchohol rule there?

Mike

As far as I know there is no alcohol allowed :-/ This is addressed in Larrys message below.

Zig
Zukipilot

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 04:42:47 AM »
Update frim Lary on the changes this year at the melt:

Hello Everyone,

Here is what I know as of today  

1. The campground is way closer
2. We get in before anyone else.
3. We are not going the have to pay extra for showers.
4. We can park our Zooks next to our camping area.
(As of this writing this does not include trailers) They will be in a secure area within the campground.
5. If you are expecting guest let the registration staff know!

There are very few who have expressed a desire to camp at other areas. We went though some of these same growing pains years ago when we moved to Steam Corners.

The owners of Steam Corner are very good friends of Terrina, me and entire staff, we will miss not staying there this year. With the cost of gas continuing to rise we opted to move closer this year. This will also allow those with trailers more trail time. They do not have to load and unload every night.

As always you do not have to camp at the official HQ to be part of the ZookiMelt experience. We have always had a very small number of guest stay at the Bed and Breakfast, a few to Summers and a few to the local hotel. We all go to the Melt to ride the trails, meet people we write to and talk to on the phone. Does not matter where you stay! Everyone is welcome to visit us at AFC.

We average 400 to 500 people and 200 to 25o trucks. Of this number maybe 5 have expressed concerns about the move. One really great thing about living were we do is we can speak our mind and express our opinions.

One of the biggest changes this year is the Raffle. It will be held in the same location as the group picture. In the past we have had terrible problems with a very small minority of people that could not handle their drink. They disrupted the entire raffle. I for one will not tolerate this behavior. I bring my wife and my 8 year old granddaughter. I want them to be able to enjoy themselves.

The entire iZook Staff look forward to seeing all of you at this years Melt. If you have never been, it is a must attend gathering of Zooks. Been every year? We look forward to seeing you on the trail again... and again.

Thank you all for the great comments. If you would like to share your thoughts please feel free to post additional comments on our BBS http://www.izook.com/phpBB/index.php We would like to share them with our readers.

Larry Harris
iZook.com
Publisher
Zukipilot

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 01:42:11 PM »
 4. We can park our Zooks next to our camping area.  
(As of this writing this does not include trailers) They will be in a secure area within the campground.  

Does this include trailers like mine? The trailer is my camp spot. Do I need to make reservations or just show up?

Mike

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 10:42:43 PM »
I'll find out 4 ya and let you know ;)

Zig
Zukipilot

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
Got my rese into the AFC. I'll be showing up early this year (first timer  ;D), on the 5th. Staying till Sunday. Reason is the wife won't be around and I'll have the kids with me. Taken a little vacat...... with the kids. Yeh!!!
Lenexa, KS

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 01:51:51 PM »
Hey Zig, do you know what time the raffle will be held? Im assuming early Sat since the park closes at like 5 or 6pm. A bunch of us are thinking of heading over to Rockport for sunday. Mapquest says its under 3 hours away. I also checked and its the same milage home for you too. ;)

mike

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 03:09:22 PM »
I might be up for it but not sure. I usually head home early Sunday so I get home mid afternoon, leaving me enough time to unpack and get ready for work on monady. I'll let you know when it gets a little closer.

Zig
Zukipilot

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 09:27:21 AM »
I'll see you all there ;D
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 09:51:48 AM »
Cool!

mike
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 09:52:23 AM by Mikerpm4x4 »

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 01:51:57 PM »
Cool!

mike

So long as my zuk survives 12 days in Moab I will be there with my family ;D
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline offlimits4wd

• offlimits4wd.com
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 05:14:02 PM »
can i bring my super tracker

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 04:03:26 AM »
FAQ

ZookiMelt Update, 01 June 2005

Things are quickly falling into place for yet another fun event... Hopefully the 70-ish weather will hold out for us!  (Don’t hold your breath... it’s called ZookiMelt for a reason.)  Due to the large number of changes being implemented for ‘05ZM, a lot of questions are being raised by ZM veterans and newbie’s alike.  The iZook Staff have answered many of these questions directly, but we’ve taken the time to list them here for everyone’s benefit:

1. Can we park our zooks next to our camping area?
Absolutely... AFC rule written to quell kids on atvs tearing thru the campground.

2. Do the trailers have to go to the trailer parking area?
No, but that's where we prefer them to be, for space reasons. Note that there will be a trailer parking area in the campgrounds... this works absolutely flawlessly at the Dakota Challenge, so it'll work for us. Camping spaces are marked... either you get ALL your equipment inside the lines, or you park your trailer at the trailer park area(s). We need the space so everyone can enjoy the Melt.

3. Are we being charged for guests?
No, but guests WILL have to check in and get wristbanded. There is not any significant difference between that and what SC has done for the past three years.

4. Paying for showers?
No, showers are included. The pay shower thing is ONLY for non-campers. For ZM, there will not be any non-campers allowed to use showers.

Reasons For The Move:
1. Closer to the Badlands
2. Get in before anyone else
3. More showers
4. Close to food/gas/groceries
5. No more $5-10 trips per day
6. More social time
7. Breakage at Badlands doesn't leave you stranded 20 miles from camp
8. Trailer-only rigs can stay off trailer for entire event.
9. Can leave spares at camp rather than bringing along
10. Non-wheeling family members can be close
11. Can eat at camp for lunch
12. Night run is 30 sec, versus 30 (cold) minutes away
13. No more annoying the local drivers with 50mph top speeds
14. Close to auto parts store
15. There will be more.

5. Does, or does not, Attica Family Camp allow alcoholic beverages?

A: During the day, absolutely not.  It is discouraged in the evenings as well.  Please keep in mind that this is a family-oriented event being hosted by a family-oriented campground, OK?

6. Do I need to call reservations at Attica Family Camp?

A: Yes.  Please call 765.762.6189 so they can get a preliminary head count.

7. Can I arrive at Attica Family Camp after 10PM (quiet time)?

A: Yes.  If there is no one at the office, you will have to check in first thing in the morning.

8. Why was the raffle moved to the Group Photo site?

A: Attica Family Camp does not have the room or loudspeakers to handle it.  At the Group Photo, pretty much everyone is within earshot of a CB radio, so we’ll broadcast over that.  Prizes can be picked up as you exit the Badlands.

9. Do I need to sign up for the Night Run?

A: Yes, at Registration.  Don’t worry, there’s room for everyone… we just need a truck count so we know how many trail leaders to recruit.

10. Is ZookiMelt Registration open Thursday?

A: Yes.

11.  Do I need to go into the Badlands office after I register for ZookiMelt?

A: Not this year.  The Badlands waivers can be signed at ZM Registration.

12. Do you have discounted T-shirts left over from last year?

A: Yes, a few dozen.

13. Are there going to  be stickers this year?

A: Yes in there colors, Red, Black and Blue. There will also be a limited number of Veteran Stickers for those who have been able to attended all ZM's. There are two styles. 1999 - 2005 and 2000 to 2005.

Here are a few IMPORTANT reminders:

1. If you are bringing a minor (person under age 18) that is not your offspring, you MUST have parent/guardian consent forms signed AHEAD OF TIME!  See www.badlandsoffroad.com and download the forms immediately.  No signed forms, no admission.

2. The state of Indiana does not require much, but they do require proof-of-insurance cards.

3. Due to space limitations within Attica Family Camp, we are asking everyone to park their trailers (and semi trucks!) in the Badlands upper lot for the event duration.  The Badlands is locked up at night, and you will need to sign a waiver at registration (as if something is going to happen behind the locked gates!)  A good rule of thumb is; if you don’t need it at camp, please leave it in the Badlands.

4. Remember that trail runs now leave at either 10AM or 1:30PM, so be ready.

Zukipilot

Offline brlj

• 6" Lift w/ 33x12.50 TSL Radials, Exoskeleton
    • Bills 93 Tracker
Re: ZookiMelt 2005 (FAQ Added 6-1-05)
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 09:29:11 AM »
I plan on being there on Friday and Saturday!!!  We are going to TN for the 4th and Ill turn around and repack for the 8th!!!!