Hello Guest

Zuwharrie Spring 2005, 8-10 April, 05

• 18 Replies

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
Zuwharrie Spring 2005, 8-10 April, 05
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:10:30 AM »
Below is everything you ever wanted to know about the Spring 2005 Zuwharrie.

Spring Zuwharrie:  April 8-10, 2005
It's Zuwharrie time again!  We had over 100 vehicles in attendance at the Fall, 04 run and expect to increase attendance again this spring due to word of mouth coverage.  Don't miss the Southeast's largest Suzuki gathering! Uwharrie trails have a little something for everyone from stock to modified.  Click HERE for a trail map.  Zuwharrie is open to all Suzuki-based vehicles, including the Samurai, Sidekick, Vitara, X-90, and Geo/Chevy Tracker.

Important Information
The event will be based in the Badin Lake Group Camp.  We have reserved sites A, B, and C for the entire weekend.  We have also reserved site B for anyone who would like to come in on Thursday.  Anyone arriving Thursday is requested to stay within the bounds of site B.  Please see a staff member if you have any questions.

Due to the incredible growth of the event, we ask that only Suzuki-based vehicles attend.  However, if you are a Suzuki owner and would like to invite a friend to attend that does not own a Suzuki, you may sponsor that person when you register.  Please contact a Zuwharrie Staff member if you have any questions.

New This Spring
The USFS has recently completed construction of a Shower House at the Badin Lake Group Camp. There are 4 shower rooms complete with HOT water. Now there should be no excuse for not coming to the event!

Also new, we can now accept credit cards for registration! Just follow the directions when filling out your registration form. It is that easy!

Event Fee
There will a $10 per vehicle fee, due at time of registration, required to attend the event.  The cutoff for online registration will be April 6th. If you miss the online registration deadine you can still register at the event but the cost will be 15.00. Voluntary donations will also be accepted to help cover the cost of the Saturday night dinner.

Refunds
Should you require a refund there will be a 15% processing fee. Refunds requested on a Credit Card paid registration can only be credited back to the original card. All other refunds will be paid via check. Please allow 3-4 weeks for processing. Deadline to request a refund is 1 April, 05.

Trail Fee
There is a $5 per day trail fee that is your own responsibility to pay. This fee is charged by the state for upkeep of the park and trails. There are no longer pay stations located at the trail heads. You will need to stop on your way in or Saturday morning and pick up your passes at one of the following locations:

Donnie Mullinix Store – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
Eldorado Outpost – Hwy 109, Uwharrie
Swift Island BP – Hwy 24/27 and River Road
Uwharrie Sportsman – Hwy 24/27 and River Road

Daily passes cost $5
Season passes cost $30

Passes also available at the
Uwharrie National Forest
District Office
789 Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371
PH: 910-576-6391

Season passes must be displayed on left rear fender for ATV’s and dirtbikes, lower left corner of windshield for 4WD’s.

Daily passes must be securely attached to handlebars for ATV’s and dirtbikes, or prominently displayed for 4WD’s.

No one will be allowed to participate in the trail rides unless you have a valid pass.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 08:11:26 AM by nc_zuk »
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
Re: Zuwharrie Spring 2005, 8-10 April, 05
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 08:10:40 AM »

How do I sign up?
Want to attend the largest Suzuki Gathering on the east coast? Get signed up now!

No one will be turned away, however, we ask that you sign up in advance so we know how many people to expect. Visit the signup page HERE to get registered.

You will need to sign a waiver form and either mail it to the address above, or turn it in at the event. The form is available online HERE or in person at the event.

There will be a registration table open Friday and Saturday morning at the event. You will need to visit the table to turn in your waiver form (available online HERE), obtain a windshield decal for your vehicle, receive your raffle ticket, and sign up for a trail group.

Who else will be there?
Are you worried that you'll be in the woods all by yourself, well, fear not! CLICK HERE and see who's coming with you!

What's the weather like for this event?
Spring in the Uwharrie area usually brings mild days and cold nights.  Things can change at any time, though, so we recommend you bring clothing for cool and warm weather.

Who do I contact for more info?
You may contact us via email at Info|removethispart|@Zuwharrie.Com, or post on our BBS for more information.

Please Remember
Alcohol is not permitted in the park. Drinking and driving will not be tolerated.  We will be in a National Forest and there are rules to follow.  Let common sense tell you what is right and wrong.  Remember that when you are at the campsite or on the trails that you are representing the Zuwharrie event, Zuwharrie.Com, our staff and sponsors, Suzuki owners, and the entire off-road community.  Anyone involved in inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from future Zuwharrie events.
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 05:44:42 AM »
NC, where can I find a map to the park? From what I remember it is in the middle of NC. I'm trying to see if a weekend trip from Middle Tennessee 2 weeks after driving back from Moab would be reasonable.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Biggerhammer

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 12:18:25 PM »
If I get the rest of my lift done I'm going as well as a few friends so you could run with us there. We are planning on leaving around noon on the 7th.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 09:57:54 PM »
NC, where can I find a map to the park? From what I remember it is in the middle of NC. I'm trying to see if a weekend trip from Middle Tennessee 2 weeks after driving back from Moab would be reasonable.

Zig

There is a link to our maps in the post I made. Or you can go to www.zuwharrie.com and click on the maps page ;)
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 11:43:49 PM »
Cool, thanks!!!! Good to see ya "Back in NC"  8) I'm planning on heading down to Camp Lejeune soon after I get back from Moab. I'll check out how long it takes to get there on my trip.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 11:54:59 AM »
To all considering...THIS EVENT IS A MUST!!  Went to fall '04 and it was a blast.  Awesome country, great event, and wonderful people.  LMS will be there again for Spring '05 and 1-2 rigs stronger as well.  If anyone coming from the North East PM me to coordinate a convoy.  

P.S.-The prizes we're great too...THANKS AGAIN HAWK SUZUKI!
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline real_red_wagon

• Make It Hert!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »
    unfortunatly I still won't have my tracker the Real Red Wagon done in time for the spring event :'(

however I will be there with my new tin top sammi ;D it'll be on 31's by then ;D I've never wheeled a sammi  let alone this truck so it should be an interesting run ::)

hey NC how many people are usualy there for fridays wheeling last fall we missed friday but wheeled saturday we trying to work things out with work to get there thursday
At Lakeview Motorsports, were wasting your time already!

Offline Real_Red_Sammi

• Make it hurt!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 03:07:46 PM »
Figured I would line up the LMS posts ;D!!!  It was great time though, were getting ready at the last minute like always, don't help much that there's still snow on the ground here though!!!
Make It Hert!!!
LMS
"I do what I want"
LMS wasted my time

Offline LawDog

• Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 05:55:36 AM »
Whoah, Log posted something...Lined up posts, COOL.  

-Anyways, I don't see alot of the familiar Zukiworld Screen names on the Zuwharrie list.  Everyone draggin their feet, or can't make it??  Wassup??

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 10:46:56 AM »
Hey!!! Right now we have over 90 paid registrations and about another 30 or so who are yet to pay. If this event is like the past few there will be 10-15 more who show up the day of registration. I am betting we have over 110 zuks and 25 other sponsored vehicles. Gonna be an awesome event to say the least ;)
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Offline LawDog

• Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 12:08:32 PM »
Is that up from last fall, Art.  If so by how many?

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 09:24:13 AM »
Is that up from last fall, Art.  If so by how many?

Yea, it is definately up! We are gonna have 30 more rigs than the fall event. It is gonna be big!
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Offline IKUZUS

• You're right, I don't understand!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 01:57:56 PM »
There's gonna be one less Zuk if you don't go out and finish that steering. No time for post padding Art.  ;D
You're right.........I don't understand.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 09:01:34 PM »
There's gonna be one less Zuk if you don't go out and finish that steering. No time for post padding Art.  ;D

You are right. Looks like my Rig isn't gonna make it to the event ::)
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]