Hello Guest

Zuwharrie

• 22 Replies

Offline W7ACT

Re: Zuwharrie
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 11:45:17 AM »
No, I didn't say it wasn't safe to tow with a Caddy or any other vehicle as long as it's done safely as a matter of fact I flat tow my Sammi and my brother flat tows his Sammi his behind his Safari Trek.  I'm Towing his Sammi to Medford, OR. this weekend behind my F-150, but at the posted Truck Speed, which is considered the legal speed, not 70 or 80.  Just because your rig can or is capable of doing so doesn't mean it's safe to do so, under certian conditions it isn't even safe to pull it at the legal speed even with all the proper safety equipment aboard.

Hell, I'm a retired over the road driver  and on some occassion I've been there and done that.  Safely, yes most of the time, some of the time I pushed the envelope.  Do I recommend others to push the envelope like I did?  NO, I Don't and for someone to do so they are doing a disservice to others here on this board.  If this offends someone so be it.

Like I said there are a lot of good people here and there is a alot of good information to be gleened from this website and I enjoy it.

Offline wolf66

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 12:42:54 PM »
Back to the Subject matter...... :D

Houston we are green at go, T-minus 5 days and counting till Zuwharrie!!!

See you guys there!

'96 Suzuki X90-4" lift-snorkle-30x9.5's on 8x15 wheels-5.12 gears-winch-added rear seat-DT header-PioneerMP3-CB-GPS-roof rack-rear mounted full size spare

Offline zuksofhazzard

• them darn Zuk boys
    • MOAB PICS
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 02:35:12 PM »
No, I didn't say it wasn't safe to tow with a Caddy or any other vehicle as long as it's done safely as a matter of fact I flat tow my Sammi and my brother flat tows his Sammi his behind his Safari Trek.  I'm Towing his Sammi to Medford, OR. this weekend behind my F-150, but at the posted Truck Speed, which is considered the legal speed, not 70 or 80.  Just because your rig can or is capable of doing so doesn't mean it's safe to do so, under certian conditions it isn't even safe to pull it at the legal speed even with all the proper safety equipment aboard.

Hell, I'm a retired over the road driver  and on some occassion I've been there and done that.  Safely, yes most of the time, some of the time I pushed the envelope.  Do I recommend others to push the envelope like I did?  NO, I Don't and for someone to do so they are doing a disservice to others here on this board.  If this offends someone so be it.

Like I said there are a lot of good people here and there is a alot of good information to be gleened from this website and I enjoy it.

Believe me, I don't go over the legal limit either. Our local speed limit is 65mph to 75mph all over my area. I have been driving trucks for 10 years. I pull trailers loaded with concrete. I fully understand the vehicle limits and terrain. A CDL is too valuable to me. I don't push anything as far as speed, sleep, vehicle capabilities and weather. All of work experience helps me when towing my own stuff.

I apoligize for the thread Hi-Jack.

I hope everyone has a great time in Zuwharrie. :)

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 01:51:28 AM »

Houston we are green at go, T-minus 5 days and counting till Zuwharrie!!!

See you guys there!

That's what I'm talkin' about :D  See y'all at Badin Lake!
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 02:30:47 AM »
I'll see you there on Friday ;D
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline wolf66

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 08:09:52 AM »
Art (NcZuk), no time to talk or check forums-

WRENCH damn you like you never wrenched before.... ;D

You  "De Oppresso Liber"  man.
'96 Suzuki X90-4" lift-snorkle-30x9.5's on 8x15 wheels-5.12 gears-winch-added rear seat-DT header-PioneerMP3-CB-GPS-roof rack-rear mounted full size spare

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 03:02:51 PM »
Art (NcZuk), no time to talk or check forums-

WRENCH damn you like you never wrenched before.... ;D

You  "De Oppresso Liber"  man.

I gotta wait for paint to dry. ::) In the mean time I am here ;D It should mak it. Last piece (TRE) came today ;D
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline real_red_wagon

• Make It Hert!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 02:47:25 AM »
    As of right now it looks like the Real Red Wagon is going to make it too ;D ;D ;D just need to get that front axle in and put the dash back together ;)

Make It Hert!!!!
At Lakeview Motorsports, were wasting your time already!