• 15 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
NEWS: Reno starts at $14,044
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:28:25 AM »
Reno starts at $14,044
07/19/2004 in Automotive News

American SUZUKI Motor Corp. has priced its Reno five-door hatchback, which arrives at U.S. dealerships in October.

+++++++++++++++++++
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
Re: NEWS: Reno starts at $14,044
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 09:57:50 AM »
Isn't this the car they were touting as a potential "tuner" car for all the kids out there?

At that price it might very well do that, but I find that the stock horsepower to be on the low side for that sort of thing.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »
Isn't this the car they were touting as a potential "tuner" car for all the kids out there?

At that price it might very well do that, but I find that the stock horsepower to be on the low side for that sort of thing.

Yes, this is the vehicle they appear to be targeting at the tuners. Although with that engine and no manual tranny available (that's what it looks like so far) I'm not sure there will be a lot of takers.

Here's ASMC One Sheet on the Reno:

http://www.media.suzuki.com/auto/photography/concept_vehicles/tuner/reno_tuner_1_sheet.pdf

-Eric
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:04:50 AM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 04:37:02 AM »
Have you heard what the Turner Concept will retail for, or do they know if they are going to produce it yet? That is one sweet lookin Reno 8)

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:12:54 AM »
This is the one thing that bugs me about Suzuki...lack of power in all their auto engines.  How they can put out so much power in the motorcycle engines is a mystery to me.  ???

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 02:09:45 AM »
This is the one thing that bugs me about Suzuki...lack of power in all their auto engines.  How they can put out so much power in the motorcycle engines is a mystery to me.  ???

Yep, definitely something they're known for. Slow, slow, and more slow...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

jookycola

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 09:27:10 AM »
well to answer the question on the Tuner" version.

No

that will not be for sale, the actual concept car it's self may be for sale soon, but as a factory option on any Reno no dice.  the two concept tuners were created to showcase the potential of the new Reno.

The car is powered (if you can call it that) by a 126 hp Holden (GM) motor  and the rest of the hardware is a frankenstien monster of off the shelf Suzuki/Subaru/Daewoo parts.  it's actually pretty nice car.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 01:48:48 AM »
well to answer the question on the Tuner" version.

No

that will not be for sale, the actual concept car it's self may be for sale soon, but as a factory option on any Reno no dice.  the two concept tuners were created to showcase the potential of the new Reno.

The car is powered (if you can call it that) by a 126 hp Holden (GM) motor  and the rest of the hardware is a frankenstien monster of off the shelf Suzuki/Subaru/Daewoo parts.  it's actually pretty nice car.

I was wondering where that engine came from. It looks so old, like a late '80 4-banger. Is it a cast iron block too? The valve cover looks to have 'd-tec' written on it, is that Daewoo tec? :) Of course, looks can be deceiving...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

jookycola

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 05:13:39 AM »
LOL
Daewoo tec

no this is a General Motors engine, Holden is an Austrailian division of GM that currently builds the Pontiac GTO.  and yes it is an cast iron block, very old school.  but none the less a very bullet proof engine.

Plus this car and the '05 Aerio Suzuki introduces it's Suzuki Works Techno (SWT) accesorie line, later they may add performance parts to this, as that Holden motor has a very healty aftermarket in Down Under.  SWT adds carbon fiber stuff, graphics, wing, interior upgrades, and even a new 16inch version of the old Swift GT 7 spoke gunmetal wheels.

and not cheesey either, the total SWT Reno package looks really good.

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 06:01:48 PM »
the rest of the hardware is a frankenstien monster of off the shelf Suzuki/Subaru/Daewoo parts.  it's actually pretty nice car.

Cool, the Chevy versions are already rolling around up here...no Suzukis as of yet.

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 07:00:02 AM »
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 07:00:25 AM »
hi
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 07:01:46 AM »
Sorry guys I am trying to learn how to highlite statements

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 06:08:12 AM »
Sorry guys I am trying to learn how to highlite statements

Oh?
Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard

Offline Autobot

• Danger Can Happen!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 07:47:37 AM »

I really don't know if they're actually targeting the "tuner" market with this car. Younger buyers yes, tuners...eh, maybe.  Although the concept was a cool car.

On the note of HP. It doesn't have to be high powered to be appealing to tuners. Look at the new Scion. The Tc model aside, the xA and xB models are only 108hp engines from the Toyota Echo. Not really what you'd consider "big HP". Even though they're underpowered, Scion/Toyota is promoting them as tuner cars because of the full line of customization products they have for them.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 07:48:09 AM by Autobot »
Got Tracker?
2000 2dr. convertible, stock.