Hello Guest

zukizzy, you still around?

• 11 Replies

Offline brlj

• 6" Lift w/ 33x12.50 TSL Radials, Exoskeleton
    • Bills 93 Tracker
zukizzy, you still around?
« on: August 13, 2005, 11:24:55 AM »
Hey I was wanting to know what the price is for a set of tube doors for a Tracker? All I need is a tacked frame, I weld on my hinges and door latch.

Thanks,
Bill

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
Re: zukizzy, you still around?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »
Hey I was wanting to know what the price is for a set of tube doors for a Tracker? All I need is a tacked frame, I weld on my hinges and door latch.

Thanks,
Bill

He's around. He just had an accident and seperated his shoulder. He is on mind altering drugs for treatment. I'm sure he'll pop in here sometime soon ;)
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 01:46:58 PM »
Dang, nobody told me.

He only lives like 40 Min away from me,
I need to get the Kick running so I can
get down there and do my 6" front
suspension lift.

Sorry to here about that,
He used the Turbo Kick for
the mockup for the tube doors.

He said $250/set when I asked him what
to tell you guys they would cost. (complete)

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 08:43:02 AM »
Have you got in touch with him yet?
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline zukizzy

• Give it a bump, see what happens!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 10:28:50 AM »

Thanks,
Bill

He's around. He just had an accident and seperated his shoulder. He is on mind altering drugs for treatment. I'm sure he'll pop in here sometime soon ;)

Well that sounds much worse than it really is But yes I did reseperate my shoulder  while playing Chicken in the pool with the kids. (Old MX injury that never healed even after several surguries, Similar to the Jimmy Button Injury) Doesn't hurt much any more but the ligament that connects the 3 major shoulder bones is completely ruptured and things mvoe around really funny in there now when I lift something. It will take a few months to feel right again.
I am still doing doors and Darrin was right with $250 you supply the latches and hinges but they bolt right on and work no welding ( sept maybe the washer on the latch if you wanna do one). I tried to supply some DIY kits but it was a pain and not worth it. Once in the jig it takes about 5 min to weld one so no reason not to do it. Pm me or email to wayne|removethispart|@bruinpainting.com I am a few weeks out cause I am doing doors and stuff for Jeeps Toys and a few one offs.
Sorry I haven't been checking in the forum knocked me off a while back and I didn't know my Pasword and never tried to find it. I am back now ;D

Darrin I have a cool project going right now you gotta see and I bought a couple thousand feet of tube which includes several hundred feet of DOM in various sizes so we need to get on that susp.

Thanks
Wayne
Clearly a road

Offline zaggy

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 10:34:13 AM »
Hey
     If you are playing with all that darn tubing when are you and your Dad have time for flying?

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline zukizzy

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 10:42:30 AM »
Hey
     If you are playing with all that darn tubing when are you and your Dad have time for flying?

Zag

My dad lives in utah and I don't get to fly with him much latley cause I live in Ca. My flying consists of Ariplane noises and whistling the sanding song on the KRSxl. and I never said there wasn't some 4103 in there for an engine mount or two.
How is your quest for that last few rpms coming Zag? you gone over to the forced induction side yet? ;D

Wayne
Clearly a road

Offline zaggy

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 10:51:44 AM »
No forced induction..........yet.

Finally got to where I wanted....6200rpm static engine rpm (2810 static prop) with 14 degrees pitch on the GSC prop....finishing second 25hr ground runs and then it's flying time.
Passed all the Transport Canada inspections....hand a bunch of minor airframe snags to clean up but NO firewall forward snags.
     Engine now has 42hrs ground running at wide open throttle. Ate 1 rocker arm and a cam, but changed cam designs, different ramp profile/slightly less lift, and got more rpm (5900 before, now 6200).
     By the time we finish final ground runs and taxi testing we should have a rock solid combo.

Gonna invite the Alberta Zuk guys to watch the first flight should b cool!

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 12:46:33 PM »
Hey Wayne, I'm interested in a set of tube doors and poss. a rollcage. I don't want to get too heavy off road when my kids are in the back without one. we also need to get a run together soon.

Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's

Offline zukizzy

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 01:22:11 PM »
Hey Wayne, I'm interested in a set of tube doors and poss. a rollcage. I don't want to get too heavy off road when my kids are in the back without one. we also need to get a run together soon.

Kevin

Kevin I see you all the time off of winchester at the old French Valley winery ( to bad they don't make wine there any more :() My kids freind lives down your street, no I am not stocking just can't miss your tracker. I can work out a deal if you let me use your rig as a set up for some rear cage and tailgate stuff I am working on. Maybe if you wanna come by some weekend and help I can get it all done and cut you a deal on them for the help.

Thanks
Wayne
Clearly a road

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »
I'd love to get down there and do some
suspension work, but the kick is still in a
few too many parts (blew the engine going
to Moab if you didn't hear) and I just been
working and saving, took a few days to go to
Paradise and visit the gold claim, no gold found,
and it would take some serious work to get the
Suzuki down to the water.

It was a really nice drive, too bad gas was 2.79
a gallon in a truck that gets 14 MPG (Chev P/U)
and I drove 1300 miles, plus I couldn't get down
to the river easy, so the wife wouldn't even try
so camping was out and motel was in, theres a
few hundred more of the savings gone  :(

So back to the grind stone, gone a few solo jobs
comming, I'm going to get the forged pistons then
and get the 8V head on, smog it and then swap
to the 16V head and do a new turbo manifold  ;D

Best of healing on that sholder Wayne.
Darrin
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »
It's a deal Wayne, I might still have your # somewhere. If you see my trakick at the old winnery stop in, I'll buy you a beer.

Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's