Hello Guest

4x4 Circle Track Racing at Suver International Raceway, Oregon | Dec 3rd, 2005

• 16 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
That's right it's that time again for another installment of high-speed thrills and spills nitro-burning super-charged insane action at the Suver International Raceway!

Saturday, December 3rd bring out your 4x4 for some ankle-deep mud circle track action. We have an upgraded, smoothed, and banked track thanks to Greg Mikkelson and Joy Construction ready for you to put the hammer down!

Two classes racing in timed events: (Class 8)Six cylinder and bigger only and (Class 4)Four cylinder and smaller only. Head-to-Head and Wheel-to-Wheel exposition race finale' for those that want to.

No Fees, No Alcohol, Waiver must be signed.

8 Miles North of Corvallis off HWY 99W behind the 99 WEST ROD & CUSTOM shop, 10010 Airlie Rd, Monmouth Plenty of room to haul and unload your 4x4 racer.

Let's Race!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline zookaholic

• "asphalt was created so yuppies could go 4 wheelin
it was a good time!!!! 8) speacially the tug off between gregs trecel and daveys sami, i suggest any zukiworlders wanting to have a good time and check out something a little difrent, goooooo! ;D Ill try to make it eric!
1987 Samurai, neon green, 1.3 stocker, 6.4:1 trail tough tranfercase, spoa, warn 8000, 34" swampers
1988 samurai (project, on blocks)

Offline SnoFalls

umm  ... are full size rigs also welcome?

I really wanna go, but some of my club buds are more in the full throttle FS category and I dunno if their welcome to come play too?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline zookaholic

• "asphalt was created so yuppies could go 4 wheelin
i ran my bronco last time, its the white one of the two broncos! there was a full size chevy long bed that about blew us out of the water!!!! :o it should be real muddy this time!! ;D
1987 Samurai, neon green, 1.3 stocker, 6.4:1 trail tough tranfercase, spoa, warn 8000, 34" swampers
1988 samurai (project, on blocks)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
umm  ... are full size rigs also welcome?

I really wanna go, but some of my club buds are more in the full throttle FS category and I dunno if their welcome to come play too?

Yeah, all 4x4 rigs are welcome. It's a timed event so people are out on the track individually. If you note in the beginning post there are two classes 6 cylinder and up, 4 cylinder and down.

Last time the 4 cylinder crowd kicked the v8 crowd but meaning the fasted V8 would have placed 5th in the 4 cylinder group!

Anyway, it'll be a blast no pressure to perform. Just have fun.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Out of curiousity, is 4x4 really required? Do you keep the trucks in 4h when you race?
1988 Suzuki Samurai

31" BFGs, SPOA, 5.14 Calmini Tcase gears, DOM cage, rock sliders, spidertrax wheels

1.6L, header, and 2" flowmaster exhaust coming soon

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Out of curiousity, is 4x4 really required? Do you keep the trucks in 4h when you race?

Good question, the answer is no. 4x4 is not required but is mentioned so that we attract 'our' crowd of people. It really wouldn't be that fun if a bunch of actual circle track cars showed up.  The second part of the question is that last time the track was so dry that we all ran 2wd. It's based on the amount of traction people are getting. We don't want people going so fast that it becomes dangerous. So, if it's really really wet and soopy which it might be, we'll run 4wd, otherwise, 2wd.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Schedule:

DRIVERS MEETING AT 10:00
HOT LAPS AT 10:30 (Play time / test and tune)
RACING AT 12:00

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Ok, here's the initial pass of who's in. A group from Springfield (Sky's Off-road Design) may be attending as well. So, who's in?

Eric Bewley | 93 Sidekick | 4 cylinder
Carl Beilstein | 97 Defender | 8 cylinder
Davey Arnold | 87 Samurai | 4 cylinder
Jason Hoff | 91? Sidekick | 4 cylinder
Joe Cooper | 85 Toyota | 4 cylinder
Gregg Mikkelson | 95 Chevrolet | 8 cylinder

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline snakeman

• Alrighty Then
    • Oregon Trail 4x4 Association
Eric, do you mind if I link to this thread from our Eugene based site? I think some would find it interesting. I would like to attend but as in in between jobs I need to keep all avaliable time open. Should it work out so I can, I will be there.

www.oregontrailjamboree.org ?

Jeff
Oregon Trail 4x4 Association - Eugene, Oregon
http://www.ot4x4.org/[/url] Come check us out if your in the Eugene / Springfield area!
87 Tin Top, 1.6 16v, 4.9, 4.62's w/ sidekick rear, TT YJ swap, custom snorkle.

Offline locjaw

unfortunatly i might not be able to make it, my wife scheduled my daughters birthday party for 2:00 to 4:00. i might be able to come b4 that though. eric, what time does it start? it would be a terrible shame if i couldnt come whoop up on all you guys  ;)
jason(fastest time)hoff ;D
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Re: 4x4 Circle Track Racing at Suver International Raceway, Oregon | Dec 3rd, 2
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 07:48:20 AM »
Eric, do you mind if I link to this thread from our Eugene based site? I think some would find it interesting. I would like to attend but as in in between jobs I need to keep all avaliable time open. Should it work out so I can, I will be there.

www.oregontrailjamboree.org ?

Jeff

Yeah, no problem. There's most likely a group coming up from Springfield as well.

Link away! and thanks...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
unfortunatly i might not be able to make it, my wife scheduled my daughters birthday party for 2:00 to 4:00. i might be able to come b4 that though. eric, what time does it start? it would be a terrible shame if i couldnt come whoop up on all you guys  ;)
jason(fastest time)hoff ;D

A terrible shame! :) Jason, would you give me a holer (phone) at your earliest convenience? Thanks -Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
Re: 4x4 Circle Track Racing at Suver International Raceway, Oregon | Dec 3rd, 2
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2005, 09:55:56 PM »
Man what fun! The track was all smooth and banked perfect! There was a total of 16 rigs that showed up but in the end it was a zook who took it all. Of course it was Eric Bewley. A small group of us ended up doin a snow run after wards and found about 1 foot of snow. Had a great time and will be there next time. I took some pics so here they are
http://64.85.2.27/pic_showall.asp?cat_id=23&parent_id=3&parent_name=Club+Action+Pics&sub_name=Suver12%2D3%2D05

Offline darnold87

thanks for everything eric!  as always, it was a great event...  what a blast.
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470