Hello Guest

manual conversion

• 3 Replies

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: manual conversion
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 12:11:16 PM »
I didn't want an automatic, until I had one. It much easier to wheel and good used manuals are getting harder to find.

If you can find a parts vehicle to get everything in one go, it's feasible. I still don't think it's worth the effort though.

I miss having a manual as well. Since owning 2 autos now, there's no looking back.
If you're gonna pull the trigger and do the swap, find a complete donor. I've been doing some easy swaps on my bare bones 96. Power mirrors, tilt column and rear wiper. Hafta keep running to the junkyard everytime I forget a piece I end up needing.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »
I didn't want an automatic, until I had one. It much easier to wheel and good used manuals are getting harder to find.

If you can find a parts vehicle to get everything in one go, it's feasible. I still don't think it's worth the effort though.

Online fordem

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
Reasonably converted - what does that mean?

As you've been told elsewhere, it's probably not economically feasible, unless you also have a line on a matching manual transmission vehicle to get the required parts from.

Attempting to track the parts down & acquire them one-by-one from a dealer or junkyard is likely to prove exorbitantly expensive in the first case, and frustrating in the second.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara

Offline gwc656g

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
manual conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
I have a line on a 1992 fully loaded and clean sidekick but it is also automatic.  I know anything is possible but can it be reasonably converted to a stick?  by fully loaded i mean power everything, ac, cruise control [factory] and virtually no rust.