Hello Guest

Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.

• 98 Replies

Offline mnrsamuel

• Samurai
Re: Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 11:51:17 PM »
wow, it looks just like mine  8)
--samuel

Offline Tintin

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Yeah! except yours is shiny...and...nice!  :laugh:

What lift/tires do you have?
1986 Samurai Stock Tin Top

Offline Sliestfish

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 05:33:18 AM »
Hello I'm Bryan new to Zuks and Sammie's just picked mine up about 2 weeks ago it's 1995 uk spec shes a little rough around the edges and has some rusty zones but I'm determined to restore its glory again I'm from Florida but I'm stationed in the uk right now which is how I came to own my samurai

Pictures here http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/Titelywinks/

1995 Suzuki Samurai uk spec

Offline mnrsamuel

• Samurai
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 10:39:52 AM »
Hey TinTin, some body wax and tyre polish and sammy will be good to show  :)

tyres = 31" with a 3" lift
--samuel

Offline Tintin

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »
Haha, I think it needs a lot more than that. Nice Zook.
1986 Samurai Stock Tin Top

Offline cashoes

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »
Got my zuk running in 6 days after it had sat for two years.. week two I gutted it and started finding parts like windows doors hood seats and so on.. now week three and I got a set of tires and wheels as well as a passenger fender to finish the body parts... still to come this week brakes all new brakes then I am road and off road worthy..
prepping for a zombie apocalypse

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 07:09:38 AM »
Hi guys,

Just picked this up yesterday! A little rough around the edges, 8V lacking power big time, horrible weld job on the cage, tons of play in the steering, and a little rust on the floorboard...but overall... a solid place to start! Lots of good mods on this little truck!

Can't wait to take it out on the trails. I plan to drive it daily around town and drive to the trails as much as possible.

Offline harpingeorge

• Harpin!
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »
It was May or June of 2011 that I happened upon a questionable deal on an old 1987 Suzuki Samurai that looked like it had been parked in the same spot for years.  The soft top was weathered and full of holes and it was obvious that critters had nested in it for at least one winter.  It wasn't running but I decided to gamble $400 on it, purchased it and towed it home.

A few dollars on a good tune-up, some new jets for the carburetor and a new soft-top for it and the journey began...

The first several weeks after purchasing the Sammi were spent cleaning her up and getting her running right.
The transfer case was stuck in neutral when I picked her up but that was a quick fix. The previous owner had replaced a bushing but failed to put things back together correctly.

I guess the previous owner was also a  stickler for fuel economy. He had jetted down the carburetor to the point where it got no fuel at all. Once I got that right and threw a few tune up parts and filters at it she purred like a kitten.
The oil pan gasket was a bit of a pain  but the struggle was worth it. Prior to changing the gasket it would mark its spot wherever it sat for more than five minutes.

So all and all for less than about $250 she was running good and then another $200 or so for a new soft top and she was ready to go.

Since then my daughter 'borrowed' it from me for a week and between her and her husband and the grandkids they painted it for me as a 2012 father's day present.  I had no idea they were doing that for me.  What a surprise when they brought it back to me.

It has already served me well.  It has taken me some great places already.  She does very well as is but there are places where I wish I had lower gears in the t-case and a little better clearance so gears, raising it and some larger tires might be in her furure.  I just need to acquire the money and the needed knowledge.  I'll save my pennies and I'm hoping to acquire some of the knowledge from you Zukiworlders.

Modifications:  None to speak of unless you want to count the aftermarket Weber carburator

Current problems with her:
One rust hole in the floor on the drivers side that needs to be repaired. (probably because the soft top was in rags while it was stored in the weather before I purchased it)
There's something loose in the cat that rattles like a rock in a tin can.
There steering groans when I turn it.
Minor surface rust in the pan.
Needs a bit of a lower range in the t-case and better ground clearance but these are needed mods more than defects.
Thats about all I can think of.

88 Suzuki Samurai, 6.5:1 Trail Gear T-Case, Stage 2 clutch, Weber 32/36 Carb (problematic). Everything else is stock.

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
shes not the prettiest, but there is nowhere she wont go haha

Offline erichs

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:21 PM »
This is mine:
95 samurai
full OME suspension
30" km2 tires on steel wheels
275 60 15 cooper cobra tires ond american racing wheels
1.5" wheel spacers
3rd Gen grand vitara seats
Some improvements in the engine ( headers, intake and cylinder head)

Offline cashoes

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2012, 05:24:20 PM »
wow that second to last picture is pretty amazing.. nice shot
prepping for a zombie apocalypse

Offline sugan

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:43 PM »
My 91 Maruti Gypsy MG410 (suzuki samurai SJ410 LWB) with 1.6 16V motor

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Nice air time!
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
Hi my name is gerardo and i'm from Chile, i have a 1997 Samurai "The ArianoMovil" with a few modifications...

2" suspension lift, headers, modified head, MSD Ignition coil, k&N Air filter, front bumper+ Winch... and more..
waiting for a 2" body lift, 31" tires... and maybe a G16B Engine....

i don't have a recent photo...but here are some old ones...

Over and Out-

Offline lwbsammy

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
Well I already did an introduction in the general suzuki 4x4 section, clearly wrong place, sorry,
Here goes again to samurai guys, im Colin, from ontario canada, was on the hunt for a samurai for a while and came accross an interesting rig for...ended up gettin it for 800$ of course it needs work but im ready for it.

About myself, im a heavy equipment technition, ex auto tech...but im only 24 stikl apprentice in heavy equipment. I wrench away all week, and again all weekend on my own time, if im not wrenching im fishing, thats all there is to me
The truck...its an 87 long wheel base samurai (kinda) its sitting on a modified chev frame, chev 305 with 700r4 tranny and plain jane 10 bolt axles, looks ruff now but I never stop and I got plans for her. Ill get more pics on the weekend as im stripping out the interior.