Hello Guest

NEW FRONT STRUTS TRACKER/SIDEKICK

• 121 Replies

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
Re: NEW FRONT STRUTS TRACKER/SIDEKICK
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »
I believe that they are the same that they put in the struts on the new Toyota 4x4

Toyota does not have a side load that Trackicks do. I dont see how this setup could hold up long term.  Be sure to get some real testing in before you start selling. What kind of warrantee will be on this product?
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:34:39 AM »
Another think to keep in mind is the strut tower will need to be braced very well. It wasnt designed to support the weight of the vehicle.
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline kreator

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
MY fOX SHOCK REP HAS SEEN THE TRACKER AND SAID IT WAS OVER KILL ON THE SHOCK AND HAD NOW PROBLEM WITH IT.
BOB | www.KreationFab.com | 503-689-1377

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »
This looks like it could be promising, without a upper control arm all of the braking force is transferred through the strut into the strut tower. Looking at the stock struts and what you have I don't see why this system couldn't take the abuse. 

How much lift adjust ability are we talking on the "regular" set up ? 3-5" ?

I would be more concerned, (as others have pointed out) about the shock towers supporting the weight of the vehicle. 

How will these be sold ?

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 06:55:51 AM »
Interesting setup, One of my concerns would be the lower mount that pushs the strut towards the frame away from the knuckle/strut centerline, that is alot of torque applied to the upper mount when the tires are turned full lock as the struts would no longer be verticle, the bottom of the strut will swing in fairly large arc.
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline kreator

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
THE FIRST KIT IS A 3 INCH LIFT AND THE 2ND IS 4 1/2 INCH AND ITS BEING TESTED KNOW . I WILL BE OFFERING IT IN PHASES .
THE STRUT CENTER LINES HAVE NOT CHANGE FROM STOCK AT 1 3/4 CENTERS FROM CENTER OF SHAFT TO CENTER OF MOUNTING HOLES

Offline 96sport

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
lets see some more pics! any action shots?

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Can't wait to see these in some action shots... I tried to hook up with a company to get new suspension and I won't say names but they basically they just gave me nothing took 7 days and I ended up canceling my order which might be good cause so far I like what u got... U guys offering a combo set front and rear?? What u doing about front axles?? Diff drop???

Offline kreator

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 11:57:27 AM »
We have all the jigs made and are in fabrication ,we will be out wheeling some this next week end and will get some more pics . I am offering front and rear kits , diff drop brackets , front arms and soon custom front drive axles .

Offline Tire Man

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
Looks good, lets get together and rough it up a bit... I need to get the parts goin for the Turbo-Kick. Glad to see you puttin this out there too... -KB-

Offline heiney.5

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
Looks like your one of the few who have actually proceeded to make something with this idea....kudos for that.

MY fOX SHOCK REP HAS SEEN THE TRACKER AND SAID IT WAS OVER KILL ON THE SHOCK AND HAD NOW PROBLEM WITH IT.

I'm sure the "shock" is strong enough and coil is plenty strong...but if this quote was directed at Hagen, I believe he wasnt questioning the shock.

Another think to keep in mind is the strut tower will need to be braced very well. It wasnt designed to support the weight of the vehicle.

This will definitely be something to consider, I say at the top of testing kinda thing....I have seen COUNTLESS trackers/sidekick develop extreme negative camber from the stress of just the Strut on the towers....Moving the coil springs will now add all of the weight of the vehicle on that thin original tower.

If your kit doesn't add braces to strengthen these towers, it should be something to think about. Let us know how the testing turns out.
Difficult takes a day. Impossible takes a week.

Offline 96sport

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 06:46:41 AM »
PICS!

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
Wondering how the progress is going with the suspension I can't wait to see

Offline zuksofhazzard

• them darn Zuk boys
    • MOAB PICS
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
This will definitely be something to consider, I say at the top of testing kinda thing....I have seen COUNTLESS trackers/sidekick develop extreme negative camber from the stress of just the Strut on the towers....Moving the coil springs will now add all of the weight of the vehicle on that thin original tower.

Even more on a Tracker or Sidekick with a body lift. Once they seperate, there isn't too much strength in the strut tower.

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »
Even more on a Tracker or Sidekick with a body lift. Once they seperate, there isn't too much strength in the strut tower.

There isn't any connection between the body and the strut tower anyway, there is a small gap - that prevents vibs from the chassis coming into the tub. Something would need to be done and I think that would have to involve welding so it wouldn't be a bolt on conversion.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org