Hello Guest

Just got back a day early

• 5 Replies

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Just got back a day early
« on: June 27, 2004, 02:40:05 AM »
I just returned from the club camp and ride LATE last night. Due to a snapped rear axle shaft I could not ride today :'( Even though I had a bit of carnage, I still had a blast. We rode all day, and then after dinner we went over to Grany Brogdens farm to the hard trails. When Scott shattered a hub in the first 20 feet of the trail most everybody else decided to watch instead of ride it :-/ So I decided to take to ol-Kick up the trail that just ate a cab truck on 40's. I made it about half way before I snapped the rear axle and had to turn out of the trail.

The cool part was more people decided to try it after I went up it ;D

Truck 1- a chevy blazer cab truck on 40's, shattered hub, fixed it, than mad it half way and sliced a tire when he wedged it on a ledge.

Truck 2- ME ;D 89 Kick on 33's made it to the same ledge the the Cab truck sliced a tire on and snapped a rear axle hitting it WAY to hard (trying to out do the cab truck :P)

Truck 3- A SWEEEETTT Jeep on 39"(i thing) irocks, built 383 strocker, allison tranny and a heavr right foot. Made it without carnage

Truck 4- Built Jeep on 42's, mad it 3/4 way and had to winch out when he slid sideways on a ledge.

Truck 5- Chevy fullsize on 42's. Made it to the same ledge that ate the Kick and the cab truck and had to be winched out.

Final result- Granny Brogdens 'Easy' trail 4
           - Cumberland Off-Road 1

They are heading back up there today to hit the hard trail. But it looks like I will be in the shop :'(

Zig
Any one have any shafts cheep ???

Zig
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:50:45 AM by Zukipilot »
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline trailboss

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Just got back a day early
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 08:07:44 AM »
it sounds like you had a blast  ;D

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 03:00:01 PM »
Man I hope Calmini has got those new rear axles done. Youve got to get this breaking thing under control.  :-[ Im glad you had fun though.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 10:21:44 PM »
Man I hope Calmini has got those new rear axles done. Youve got to get this breaking thing under control.  :-[ Im glad you had fun though.
Mike

I'm going to check with them today. If not I'm going to do a quick fix with some stock shafts and go for someting stronger in the rear.

Zig
Zukipilot

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 02:37:12 AM »
Mike

A new set of prototypes just showed up at my house last week. I've got to order bearing kits and then install, then test!

-Eric

BTW: Zig, did you get your MTR's?
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 03:04:37 AM »

-Eric

BTW: Zig, did you get your MTR's?

Yea, 33x12.50 traction grabbing, axle snapping, sticky rubber goodness ;D. For some reason the stock axle shafts would not hold up to repeated hammering and bouncing on big rocks with the MTR's grabbing traction. :P ::) :P
Zukipilot