Hello Guest

What did you do to your Sidekick today?

• 32 Replies

Offline beagle..t

Re: What did you do to your Sidekick today?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »
man that really sucks hope you are all ok
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
Thanks Beagle.  I was the only one in the vehicle, so that was a good thing.  Both air bags deployed and I had my seat belt on.  I am leaving the hospital shortly.   My left shoulder is in bad shape and my knee is banged up, no broken bones or lacerations.

Now I have to decide if I am going to pull the parts off and build another one or not.  Too many good parts to leave on it.  Factory roof rack, Aussie header, snorkel, OME springs, new hubs, etc.

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 10:58:33 PM »
Maybe we can resurrect an old thread, with a more positive post.

I installed another piece to get cruise control again. I installed the switch this evening. It went smoothly, with no surprises. The only part that took some thinking were star / reverse torx bolts that hold the air bag on. I used a tool designed to remove stripped 10mm bolts. The tool also worked to reinstall the same bolts. I still need to swap the sub harness with connectors for the cruise switches. I'm not looking forward to some of the connections.

Early this year, I found a nice NOS multi-switch with cruise to swap out for my non cruise switch assembly. I had been trolling ebay until one popped up. It was only about $85. It feels a lot nicer to use than the old one, and the printing isn't all faded away.